Mass Spectrometry Senior R&D Scientist
|Company:||C2N Diagnostics, LLC|
|Location:||Saint Louis, MO USA|
|Position:||Mass Spectrometry Senior R&D Scientist|
C2N Diagnostics, a St. Louis based biotechnology company focused on discovering therapeutics and diagnostics for neurodegenerative conditions, is recruiting a MS Senior R&D Scientist.
C2N Diagnostics focuses its therapeutic discovery and development efforts around mechanism-based approaches to prevent or stop the progression of human neurological disorders. Its diagnostic efforts revolve around bringing accurate, widely accessible, and cost-effective blood tests to the clinic for improved patient care and brain health monitoring. C2N’s lead commercial product, the PrecivityAD test, is an innovative prescription-only blood test intended for use in individuals experiencing cognitive impairment. The PrecivityAD test helps physicians better determine the presence or absence of amyloid plaques in the brain, a hallmark sign of Alzheimer’s Disease. C2N currently operates two state-of-the-art laboratory facilities in St. Louis, Missouri.
C2N is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, marital or parental status, pregnancy, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law.
To Apply: Contact Matt Meyer, PhD email@example.com and Kevin Yarasheski, PhD firstname.lastname@example.org
Develop, implement and routinely perform biological sample preparation workflows and LC-MS/MS analyses for quantifying and characterizing blood-based protein/peptide biomarkers of neurodegeneration.
• Convert laboratory developed tests into analytically validated (CLIA, CAP, FDA) in vitro diagnostic biomarker tests used for research, clinical trials, and clinical diagnosis of neurodegenerative disorders.
• Draft, implement and continuously evaluate sample preparation and analysis protocols/SOPs for detecting, identifying, and quantifying peptides/proteins and other biomolecules in human blood samples.
• Maintain and operate LC, LC-MS, automated liquid handlers, and related laboratory equipment
• Comply with established laboratory regulations, standards, policies, protocols, processes, procedures, and plans. Adapt to changes in these regulations and standards as they are announced.
• Assist with sample accessioning, quality control, process improvement, equipment maintenance, proficiency/competency training standards and schedules.
• Report to the R&D Laboratory Director.
• Training and experience with LC, LC-MS/MS based biomolecule analysis
• Training and experience with operating and maintaining high resolution MS instrumentation
• Highly motivated, achievement-oriented, attention to detail, well organized, team player with good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve sample preparation and analytical strategies with laboratory members
• Ability to manage, conduct, and supervise multiple analytical projects
• Experience with routine (Word, Excel, Power Point), LC, and MS specific software applications
• Prefer: PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Laboratory Medicine, Mass Spectrometry, or related technical field
• Accept: Master’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biology, or related technical field with 5+ years’ experience in CLIA-accredited laboratory
• Minimum Required: Medical Technologist degree/certification with 7+ years’ experience in a CLIA-accredited laboratory conducting LC or LC-MS in vitro diagnostics testing.
Consistent with the CDC's guidance and other applicable public health guidance, to prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, C2N requires that all employees at C2N and all personnel entering C2N Premises (including independent contractors) are vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive and Dependent on experience
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
• St. Louis, MO 63110: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
• Master's (Preferred)