|Company:||Horizon Health Network|
Horizon Health Network in beautiful New Brunswick is looking for a Clinical Specialist to join our team!
This is the life-changing opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Horizon Health Network (Horizon) is seeking a candidate with a PhD in Chemistry or Biochemistry to join our regional laboratory at the Saint John Regional Hospital. This position comes with a $5,000 recruitment incentive and up to $5,000 in relocation allowance.
Why you should work here
Working for Horizon gives you a career that provides an east coast lifestyle and the chance to make a big difference in the lives of New Brunswickers. You will get the opportunity to be responsible for scientific/consultative work in a regional laboratory with region-wide responsibilities in the Chemistry Division.
This position comes with competitive salary starting at $49.14 per hour, dayshift, paid time off, sick benefits and employer paid contributions into our government pension plan.
What you will do
In this role, you are responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of a comprehensive drug testing program via mass spectrometry. The Toxicology Laboratory processes urine samples for drug testing for an array of clinical purposes including those undergoing treatment for substance use disorder, pain management, psychiatry, and emergency medicine. In addition, the laboratory also acts as the provincial referral site for post-mortem toxicology and chemistry testing in blood and vitreous humor for the Chief Coroner’s Office, Department of Justice & Public Safety, and the Government of New Brunswick.
Your duties and responsibilities in this position include the following:
• Supervisory duties of the Toxicology lab including oversight of the mass spectrometer
• Lead mass spectrometry assay development projects including data interpretation, troubleshooting and optimization of sample preparation
• Support, train, and provide technical advice to LC-MS/MS users, including Medical Laboratory Technologists (MLTs), Clinical Chemists, Students, Medical Residents, and all other new and existing personnel
• Source and choose appropriate reagents for assay development (e.g., chemical, standards, calibrators, internal standards).
• Develop and optimize method parameters
• Operating, troubleshooting, and performing preventative maintenance on equipment
• Validating and reporting test results
• Providing clinical and scientific consultation to stakeholders within and outside the region
• Research and develop novel mass spectrometric methods based on current drug trends
• Stay apprised of new technologies for sample preparation and analysis (e.g., new chromatographic techniques, new automation tools, and new MS approaches)
• Developing and implementing quality control, quality management, quality indicator, and continuing education programs
• Coordination of research projects related to drug trends in New Brunswick
• Participation in procurement of equipment
Who you are
You have a PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field with relevant experience in mass spectrometry assay development. Experience in drug testing and identification in a clinical laboratory will be considered an asset. Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Interested? Apply Today!
Resumes can be emailed to careers@HorizonNB.ca quoting “Clinical Specialist 2”