Technical Specialist - Clinical Mass Spectrometry
|Company:||Sonora Quest Laboratories|
|Position:||Technical Specialist - Clinical Mass Spectrometry|
****This job is eligible for a sign-on award of up to $5,000
Please apply through our career website: https://www.sonoraquest.com/careers
Provides technical expertise and support for the system manager in the areas of writing procedures, research and development, establishing technical policies, continuous quality improvement, technical education of staff and regulatory compliance.
1. Performs technical research and development under the direction of the Manager. Evaluates referral testing and makes recommendations on bringing testing in-system. Participates in the evaluation and selection of new procedures and instrumentation. Assists in writing new procedures and policies. Obtains appropriate approval prior to implementation. Reviews and standardizes procedures between testing sites where possible.
2. Focus on quality by working with the Manager in development and implementation of QC and QA policies and procedures. Participates in CQI projects and outcome measurement studies. Provides technical expertise in regards to utilization issues for testing within the technical area. Ensures that appropriate policies exist for specimen integrity. Develops plans for validation of all processes. Ensures that regulatory and compliance standards are met. Provides technical support to all sites during inspections. Standardizes practices between sites when possible.
3. Works with the System Manager to provide input on financial evaluations for both new and current testing procedures. Performs financial evaluations as a part of procedure, instrumentation, and reagent evaluations. Assists System Manager in reviewing current procedures and instruments utilized throughout the system periodically to ensure that they are cost effective. Recommends changing procedures or instrumentation, consolidating testing, or changing testing locations when appropriate to increase cost effectiveness.
4. Works with the Technical Manager and Administrative Director to provide technical staff development within their technical area. Provide technical in-services for all system personnel. Develops and oversees orientation and continuing education programs for staff in their area of technical expertise. Develops a personnel competency assessment program. Participates in the implementation of the program across the system. Reviews results and identifies additional training needs.
5. Serves as a system technical resource for all testing sites on all shifts. Provides technical support for problem solving. Provides technical consultation to physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals. Works closely with the Medical Director(s) on policies and procedures. Maintains knowledge of technical area through 20 hours of continuing education per year.
Must be certified as a technologist within their specialty. Must qualify as a General Supervisor as defined under CLIA '88. Must have at least four years of experience in their technical specialty. Must have an excellent working knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements. A high degree of technical and decision making skills is required. Must demonstrate behaviors consistent with the values of Laboratory Sciences of Arizona.
Specialty certification is strongly preferred. Previous participation in management training programs is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.