Postdoc - LC-MS/MS expert / Data Specialist for metabolomics
|Company:||University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus at the TU Dresden|
|Position:||Postdoc - LC-MS/MS expert / Data Specialist for metabolomics|
The Division of Clinical Neurochemistry (headed by Prof. G. Eisenhofer) within the Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (chair: Prof. T Chavakis) at the Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, Germany, is seeking a
LC-MS/MS-Expert / Data Specialist for metabolomics.
The position is available from November or earlier. The appointment is initially for two-years with potential extension dependent on demonstrated performance.
The research conducted within the Division is undertaken within four laboratory units and a clinical research unit, with further collaborative links involving multicenter international consortia. With a number of TQ instruments at hand and acquisition of a new hybrid high resolution mass spectrometer, the Mass Spectrometry Unit is seeking to expand its metabolomics focus through recruitment of a suitably qualified candidate.
The successful applicant will be expected to develop and implement untargeted and targeted metabolomics approaches for analyses involving biological specimens from preclinical and clinical studies supported under a strongly funded research program. The Mass Spectrometry Unit is well positioned under wider long-term plans of the University Medical Faculty to establish strengths in fields of metabolism related to a range of clinical disorders and diseases. The incumbent will be expected to take on a leading role in both developing these plans and eventually formulating an independent research program.
• Applicants are expected to have a strong background in analytical chemistry and experience with operation of advanced LC-MS instruments, ideally high-resolution instruments suitable for omics-related analyses.
• A mathematical mind and working knowledge and experience with advanced software and bioinformatics tools for analyses of large omics-related datasets are also requirements for this position.
• Applicants should have a PhD or equivalent degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry or a related field, excellence in written and oral communication and a solid track record of publications.
• Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team and in collaboration with others is essential.
We offer you:
• Arrangement for flexible working hours to find a balance between work and family life
• Using our internal prevention program including courses and fitness in our Carus Vital health center
• Taking part in job-oriented educational course in our Carus Akademie
• Provision for the future in the form of a company pension plan
The Division is host to a multicultural research group and the Medical Faculty supports women in science and especially encourages them to apply. Handicapped applicants with equal qualifications are invited to apply.
We kindly ask you to apply preferably via Email to make the selection process faster and more effective. Qualified applicants should provide a letter of interest, a CV including list of publications and names and contact information of at least two individuals who can provide reference attesting the candidate’s professional qualifications and abilities.
We are looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in PDF form with Registration number IKL0917792 before August 31, 2017. For further Information please contact Prof. Graeme Eisenhofer or Dr. Mirko Peitzsch via email to IKL-Neurochemie@uniklinikum-dresden.de .