Sr. Scientist – LCMS
7,000 people, one global focus - enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestock. We are passionate about what we do at IDEXX – and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – where caring and committed people come together to make things better.
If you are a creative and energetic Scientist looking to be at the fore front of innovating the next generation of IDEXX products we would be excited hear from you!
You will join our interdisciplinary research team that focuses on advancing our diagnostic product pipeline through developing and validating protein assays using LCMS technologies. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, inquisitive, and excel in a highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary environment.
What can you expect?
You will be involved with the characterization of proteins, antibodies and peptides as well as protein sequencing.
Use peptidomics and metabolomics approaches for discovery and quantitation of biomarkers.
Plan and execute laboratory research independently, with high willingness to take on a variety of tasks
Exercise judgment in developing and determining methods, techniques, and data interpretation
Achieve project goals in a timely manner and with a high degree of quality
Effectively communicate progress throughout the organization
Participate in group meetings and present as required
May be exposed to hazardous material
What do you need to succeed?
• The ideal candidate will have a PhD in Bioanalytical chemistry or equivalent with expertise in using LC-MS for the characterization of proteins from biological samples. This will include characterization of intact proteins, and post translational modifications in proteins from biofluids.
• Demonstrated experience with DDA and DIA, PRM and other mass spec. techniques.
• Expertise in peptide mapping / peptidomics required.
• Must have hands on experience with mass spectrometry instruments such as Thermo LTQ-Orbitrap (Q-Exactive series), or Sciex triple quadrupole other triple quads and TOF instruments
• Knowledge of using metabolomics approach for small molecule biomarker discovery is highly desired.
• Experience with nano-LC is also desired
• Expertise in data analysis on proteomics using a variety of software (Skyline, Proteome Discoverer, PEAKS, etc…) is a must.
• Experience with bioinformatics tools on proteomics is highly desirable.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer
Please send copy of your resume/CV to Kellifirstname.lastname@example.org