Postmortem - Human Performance Supervisor (AT3)
|Position:||Postmortem - Human Performance Supervisor (AT3)|
SNA International is seeking an Analytical Toxicologist III to work within the Armed Forces Medical Examiner System. The position is assigned to the Division of Forensic Toxicology and will serve as a supervisory analyst for the Division of Forensic Toxicology. The position will supervise analysts and technicians, review and certify screening and confirmation data, take corrective action measures, revise and update standard operating procedures (SOP), participate in research programs, and perform any special testing as directed by laboratory management. Qualified candidates will introduce ideas for method development based on analytical challenges experienced within AFMES.
- Supervise the testing of biological specimens using the
-- Spectrophotometric carbon monoxide analysis
-- Color tests for cyanide, salicylate and
-- Gas chromatography screening including:
- basic drugs
- carbon monoxide
- cyanide and headspace volatiles analyses
-- Basic, acid and neutral drug extractions via
solid phase or liquid
-- Gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (advanced)
-- Liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry
-- Mass spectrometry and compound fragmentation
-- Tandem mass spectrometry (advanced)
-- Advanced knowledge of quantitative analysis
-- Knowledge of instrument maintenance and
- Ensure the accuracy and archiving of the records of all analyses
- Review data, release results of testing and ensure that
turnaround time requirements are maintained for all laboratory
- Participate in the preparation for laboratory inspections by
certifying and accrediting agencies
- Ensure laboratory facilities and equipment are in operating
- Evaluate laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs) and
ensure laboratory compliance with all scientific and chain of
custody protocols from the time a specimen is received into the
laboratory, through all testing protocols until its disposal
- Oversee laboratory QA/QC protocols including but not limited to
quality control monitoring and evaluation, instrument
maintenance documentation and documentation of training
- Manage inventory of controlled substances
- Lead research projects and function as section supervisor over
technicians and analysts , team leader or technical advisor
- Author scientific publications in peer reviewed journal and
present scientific data at meetings
- Serve as staff faculty member for training courses sponsored by
- Assume responsibilities of Chief and/or Deputy Chief, Laboratory
Operations, in his/her absence.
- B.S. in science-related field (e.g., chemistry, biology, etc.)
- 3 years of experience in a forensic toxicology laboratory
- Documentation of advanced training in the techniques listed
- Training, knowledge and skills in advanced analytical techniques
- Experience with extraction from biological matrices,
immunoassay, gas chromatography and mass spectrometry is
- Familiarity with Agilent and AB Sciex software is preferred
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to work well in a team laboratory environment.
Must be a US citizen able to complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NAC-I) background investigation.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level.
No phone calls please.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.