Senior Scientist - Method Development
|Position:||Senior Scientist - Method Development|
Please visit www.dutchtest.com/jobs to learn more about our open position and how to apply.
Precision Analytical, creators of the DUTCH Test, is looking for a talented Senior Scientist to join our team and help further the company’s mission of providing the best diagnostic tools in functional medicine.
The Senior Scientist, with experience in GC-MS/MS and LC-MS/MS, will join our method development team and be responsible for high quality method development and method improvement under the supervision of the Director of Instrumentation and Method Development.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, execute and support experiments in both method development and validation phases, as agreed upon and led by Lab Senior Leadership. The experiments consist of both sample preparation and instrumentation of GC-MS/MS and LC-MS/MS.
• Independently research, design and execute experiments for developing a new assay in both sample preparation and instrumentation.
• Independently design and execute validation plan for a new assay in both sample preparation and instrumentation.
• Compile, evaluate, and interpret analytical and statistical data. Assist with generating technical documents required for method validation. Communicate with the director for challenges, resolutions, guidance, and direction.
• Draft SOP/SAP for the new assay and communicate with the lab director for the document review and approval.
• Coordinate and work with the lab manager for assay transferring to routing testing. Train chemists and analysts on sample extractions and data quantitation.
• Maintain and follow all laboratory methods, protocols and SOPs; follow company procedures, guidelines, and policies; assist in creation as needed
• Actively communicate quality issues or key findings to leader or manager
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Stay current with related work in the field; share relevant information with team
• Basic troubleshooting/maintenance of associated instruments and equipment
• Demonstrate PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
• Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support company goals
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
• Bachelor of Science in chemistry/biochemistry; advanced degree desirable
• Experience in Method Development on LC-MS/MS and/or GC-MS/MS is required
• 5+ years’ experience in a lab environment, and 3 of 5 years working semi-independently and/or independently on method development is required
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams) preferred
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent judgment, cognitive skills, innovative thinking, and problem-solving abilities; ability to react to situations with a sense of urgency and responsibility;
• Strong interpersonal and listening skills; the ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels, internally and externally
• Dependable and punctual; ability to work flexible hours, including late nights and/or weekends as needed
• Positive teamwork-based attitude; a champion for our people, values, culture, company and brand
This position is located in an office/lab environment with frequent use of laboratory instruments and tools, computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit and effectively move around the building and lab workspaces; see, hear and talk; use hands to type, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach.
This position requires lifting up to 25lbs, and use of PPE when working with urine, saliva or other samples and a variety of lab chemicals.