Salary Range: $4,871.65-$7,833.69/Month. Initial placement will be between $58,459.80/year and $74,169.60/year, commensurate with educational background and relevant working experience.
Final Filing Date: 6/27/2021
Under the general direction of the Laboratory Research Supervisor 1, responsible for the performance of organic analysis for the determination of xenobiotic residues in biological specimens. Responsible for participating in the update & development of analytical procedures, quality control procedures, & Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Master's degree in analytical chemistry or equivalent combination of educational background & experience in organic residue analyses using HPLC, MS & GC instrumentation to equate to a Master's degree.
• Knowledge of analytical chemistry & demonstrated skills to critically understand, interpret, & apply procedures for analysis of biological samples as described in literature and/or Standard Operating Procedures, including mathematical calculations, statistical analysis and application of these skills to computer software.
• Advanced skills in the operation of a wide range of computer-controlled analytical equipment including liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS) and gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS) including maintenance and trouble-shooting of equipment to obtain maximum performance from instruments.
• Expertise in sample preparation techniques such as liquid-liquid & solid phase extraction, sample fortification, & matrix matching.
• Knowledge & skills to develop novel extraction and analysis approaches or modify described/ published analytical procedures to expand testing capabilities in a variety of test matrices under the requirements of an ISO 17025 accredited lab.
• Skills to prepare analytical reagents, solutions, controls & standards in a regulated environment following safe working practices and guidance/requirements for disposal of hazardous materials.
• Advanced knowledge & skills to operate Thermo mass spectrometry instruments including triple quadrupole mass spectrometers (Quantum Ultra, Vantage, Quantiva, Altis), Thermo Orbitrap & linear ion-trap mass spectrometers, and Xcalibur software. Proficiency in the operation & maintenance of Agilent's GC-MS (gas chromatography mass spectrometry) systems using Chemstation software.
• Doctorate in analytical chemistry or equivalent combination of educational background & experience in organic residue analyses using HPLC, MS & GC instrumentation to equate to a doctoral degree.
• Experience in a high-throughput environment performing organic residue analyses with regulatory thresholds and familiarity with regulatory requirements and Association of Racing Chemists criteria for identification by mass spectrometry.
• Background Check
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application, visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Job ID#: 19590
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer