Senior Application Scientist
|Company:||Thermo Fisher Scientific|
|Location:||San Jose, CA|
|Position:||Senior Application Scientist|
What will you do?
The Senior Application Scientist will be responsible for application development to support strategic growth in the clinical research and toxicology sector in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division. The position will require frequent interaction with various groups within the company, including Product Marketing, R&D, product support, commercial teams, demo labs, as well as our customers. This position will report to the Manager, Vertical Marketing.
- Develop Mass Spectrometry based (LC-MS/MS) methods/workflow on small molecules, proteins and peptides for clinical research or toxicology applications.
- Design and execute experiments to support New Product Introduction.
- Support collaborations with key opinion leaders from application perspective and leverage data/results from such collaborations for marketing collateral.
- Publish technical/application notes, posters, peer-reviewed articles and various marketing collateral.
- Present methods/workflows and notable solutions at conferences and internal/external meetings.
- Train sales and/or customers on our workflow and deliver key product propositioning information.
- Interact with the global commercial teams to support pre- and post- sales requirements
-MS/PhD preferred with 5+ years working experience
-Minimum 5+ years of hands-on liquid chromatography or mass spectrometry experience and expertise in small and/or large molecules method and applications development.
-Experience in Proteomics and/or metabolomics is preferred.
-Strong domain knowledge of the clinical research and toxicology analytical industries is preferred.
-High comfort level of interacting, discussing, and presenting to internal/external customers.