Educational Travel Grants supported in part by:
The Recognition Award program has been established by the Association as a means of recognizing the commitment, achievement and/or potential of individuals in the field of
Clinical Mass Spectrometry. This program is one of the means by which the Association encourages the advancement of mass spectrometry in clinical chemistry via the promotion
of research, education and application.
The MSACL Distinguished Contribution Award
In Recognition of Achievements Made
in the Field of Clinical Mass
Spectrometry that have Furthered
the Advancement of Knowledge
and the Implementation
of Science for the
Benefit of Humanity
Representative Award Medal
Composition: 0.925 silver
Make a Nomination
Self-nominations are not recognized for consideration.
The purpose of the Distinguished Contribution Award is to recognize a contributor who has conducted research, teaching or application of Mass Spectrometry in Clinical
Chemistry of significant impact.
Nominations will be evaluated on elements of the following criteria:
- Program of research: Quality, scope and overall impact on the profession,
- The extent to which the contribution is based on original concepts and/or innovative practices recognized throughout the field over a sustained period,
- The impact the contribution has had on the field, including education, influence on practitioners and the care of patients, organizations, thought leaders, and research,
- Influence on research advancement and career development within the profession
Nomination Application Information should include:
- A CV of the intended recipient,
- A concise summary of the applicant's accomplishments and/or contributions,
- Two letters of support that detail the nominee's significant contribution, and
- Two published research articles.
The Award recognizes a focused or singular achievement in education, technology development or applied mass spectrometry in clinical chemistry. The award is conferred at the MSACL US
The MSACL 2017 US application deadline is November 1, 2016.
Nominators and award winner will receive notification by December 15th 2016. The award winner will be honored during the MSACL 2017 US
Conference in Palm Springs, CA.