Senior Mass Spectrometry Technical position
|Location:||San Juan Capistrano, CA|
|Position:||Senior Mass Spectrometry Technical position|
This high visible position will work closely with laboratory director, manager and supervisors to oversee the day to day operation of Mass Spec Department at Quest diagnostics; plan and develop novel approaches to improve the lab quality and efficiency.
Essential job duties include:
1. Develop, plan and execute proactive approaches to optimize and modify existing LC-MS and LC-MS/MS assays.
2. Responsible for the research, evaluation, validation and implementation of new laboratory instruments and methodologies.
3. Troubleshooting and maintenance of mass spectrometry platforms and assays.
4. Contributes to SOP development of all documentation related to department needs.
5. Provide technical input to project teams and technical staff.
6. Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
7. Performs other job-related/miscellaneous duties as assigned by Scientific Management.
8. Adheres to all established laboratory safety requirements. Required to use (a) personal protective equipment, including latex gloves (b) engineering controls and/or (c) work practice controls as directed by management.
PhD in analytical chemistry, biochemistry or related field with at least 5 years of direct mass spectrometry experience. Significant experience in peptides and proteins quantitation as well as small molecules from in vivo derived matrices is highly desirable.
Please send a CV and cover letter to:
Zengru Wu, PhD