|Company:||Lurie Children's Hospital|
Performs routine and specialized tests in the Mass Spectrometry section of the clinical laboratory, independently or with minimal supervision. Recognizes the clinical significance of each test performed and reports results within established time frames. The position actively supports the Hospital’s and the department’s Continuous Quality Improvement and customer service goals through modeling of appropriate behavior and by providing a work environment conducive to attaining these goals.
Please apply at:https://careers-luriechildrens.icims.com/jobs/14972/medical-technologist-mass-spectrometry/job?mode=view
1. Follows clinical laboratory testing procedures and policies in the performance of routine and specialized tests. Identifies source and nature of test problems and makes appropriate recommendation as to course of action. Performs highly complex testing using methods such as LC-MS/MS, HPLC, GC-MS and AA.
2. Applies scientific method in problem solving and assists in the evaluation of new methods and techniques.
3. Assures that quality control criteria are met and adheres to established laboratory policies in handling hazardous substances. Subject to hazards of flammable and explosive gases.
4. Recognizes the clinical significance of each test performed, and reports results within established time frames.
5. Identifies and correlates possible sources and nature of test interferences/problems, and makes appropriate recommendations as to course of action, based on test theory and knowledge.
6. Records necessary documentation to comply with various agency and Hospital regulations. Performs required instrument maintenance at the prescribed time and logs appropriately. Is able to perform minor trouble-shooting on instrumentation.
7. Instructs, trains and ensures competency for highly complex procedures and testing generated from LC-MS/MS, HPLC and other analytical instrumentation by rotating residents, students, physicians and new members of the laboratory staff in laboratory testing procedures as needed.
8. Assures a clean work area and technical clean-up at the end of each shift. Assists in maintaining sufficient supplies at each work station.
9. Assists in the development and evaluation of new procedures and protocols. Assists in the collection of data, administration of project and writing papers for academic journals.
10. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
11. Is detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
1. A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on the chemical or biological sciences required. MT(ASCP), NCA(CLS) certification preferred.
2. Experience with LC-MS/MS, HPLC, GC-MS and/or AA is highly desired.
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
4. Applicant must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task. Meets all regulatory requirements for moderate or high complexity testing as appropriate.