We are changing the 2D barcode that will be on the MSACL conference badges for the 2020 US conference.
If this is your first time at the event, each attendee will have a 2D barcode on their badge that contains their contact information. You can scan these codes with any 2D barcode scanner to collect that information (with their permission)
We offer BadgerScan for free.
The barcode will now be in PDF417 format. [ ** it has been a QR code in the past ** ]
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ADJUST TO THIS CHANGE?
If you are using a lead collection solution OTHER than BadgerScan.
--> Your provider will need to adjust their readers to interpret the data coming from our PDF417 codes using these Demo Badges.
(1) is free to download for Apple and Android devices, and free for anyone to use,
(2) does not upload data to any servers (contact data is only stored on your phone, and is separate from your main device contacts),
(3) allows you to export your collected leads in a spreadsheet via email at any time, and to anyone (we recommend that you do this daily while onsite as data backup),
(4) allows you to create email templates to initiate contact with leads rapidly using preformatted text that you input.
(5) get an overview of all features here.
(6) Prepare for the event by going through the checklist that you can find here.
If you choose to use BadgerScan for your lead collection solution onsite, please remember to test it on your device before arrival. If you have any questions you can contact us at any time.
BadgerScan can be used at any event where the organizers follow the BadgerScan protocol for QR or PDF417 barcodes.
Why are our codes changing?
Our registration software of years past (RegOnline) has been retired. The replacement product does not support encoding the mailing address in the standard vCards stored in QR Codes. To continue to allow attendees the option of providing vendors with their mailing address via Badge Scanning, we must encode the data into a custom string rather than the standard vCard or meCard format.
BadgerScan is the recommended Lead Capture app for MSACL events. It allows lead capture with complete privacy via PDF417 codes. It NEVER connects your phone to a cloud database either to give you contact details or take them from you. All contact information is contained in the PDF417 code on each attendee's badge. Besides allowing contact annotation, and prioritization, customized surveys may also be implemented.